Log in

Feb. 15th, 2007 @ 09:19 pm (no subject)
I'll be bloody glad when this weather settles down. We have a wind chill advisory tonight. Temperatures could drop to -15F tonight. They have advised not venturing outdoors unless absolutely necessary, and to cover all exposed skin - otherwise frost bite and hypothermia could result.

Monday could see the end of the winter blues in Indiana. It reaches 39F that day. It gets warmer after that - reaching around 50F by Saturday. I anticipate the thaw starting on Monday sometime. If the roads are good after Thursday, I am going to get my bike out - that appears to be the first day without rain.

On the good side, it appears that Congress are going to fight the immigration fee hike. Apparently, they do have the power to halt that decision. I never knew that, so I am learning all of the time. What they are planning are moderate fee increases with the slack taken up by Congress funding. I could live with that. If I am going to apply for citizenship later in the year - and I should have made a decsion on that by March 31 - then I need to start revising soon. I may wait until my bike loan is paid off, and then take out a small loan to cover the fees. That really would be cutting it close, though. That is probably a January or February application, hoping to get it processed by November 4th. Bush is guaranteeing a six month turnover now, but I place absolutely nothing on that guarantee. I know one thing though, without the money up front, the application will be returned. I've been down that road before, when attempting to get a waiver. I've read on immigration boards that more and more people will apply for partial waivers if the fees are hiked up. However, I know exactly where that is going to lead. Read: the application will be returned. I am learning more about government departments all of the time.
About this Entry
[User Picture Icon]
Date:February 16th, 2007 03:31 am (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
*growl* I'm ready for the return of the warmth. It's currently -2 outside *without* the windchill...*sigh* I think we're supposed to hit mid 30s though! whoohoo!
[User Picture Icon]
Date:February 16th, 2007 05:18 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
best of luck.
Date:February 16th, 2007 08:40 pm (UTC)
(Permanent Link)
Yeah? Snow advisory for tonight! :P :P :P